- Basil 1 bunch – leaves and stem (roughly chopped)
- Coriander 1 bunch – leaves and stem (roughly chopped)
- Parsley 1 bunch leaves and stem (roughly chopped)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 heaped tablespoon Hemp seeds (source these from health food stores..don’t worry there’s no THCs!!!)
- 1 heaped teaspoon of coriander seeds (or ground coriander seeds)
- Good handful of nuts (almonds and/or walnuts and brazil nuts are my preference, preferably soaked overnight)
- 2 raw peeled turmeric root (if you can’t source the root then use 1 heaped tablespoon turmeric powder)
- Organic flaxseed oil to moisten (Stoney Creek or Melrose are my preferred brands – can use organic hemp seed oil or just cold pressed olive oil as an alternative)
- 1-2 garlic cloves ,
- 1 tabs miso paste (I prefer Spiral brand’s mugi miso) or natto miso (even better if you can find)
- Good grinding of pepper
Combine all ingredients other than the herbs and process in a blender – I have both a Braun food processor and a Vitamix. Personally, I prefer the chunky consistency of the Food processor
Divide this mix in half and set half aside.
Add half the basil, coriander and parsley to half the mix and blend slowly. Place in a glass jar.
Do the same for the remaining ingredients
I find blending in smaller batches means less processing time, less heating of the produce and hence better nutritional value.
Place in glass container. Add olive oil at top of container to preserve.
Pesto will also freeze well in glass containers if you wish to make a larger batch.
Hey Pesto!!!! You’re done……. Enjoy!!