These are a delightfully chocolatey and coco-nutty mid-morning or mid-afternoon (after-school) treat. To be stored in the fridge or freezer.
- 2 ½ cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Blend the shredded coconut in a food processor until the coconut is fine and slightly oily. (My nutri-bullet worked fine)
- Add the coconut oil and nuts and blend until the nuts are finely chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until mixed together. A few nut chunks are fine and add texture.
- Scoop out with a spoon and roll into balls and place onto a lined baking tray or plate.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or store in an airtight container in the freezer.