This recipe is very forgiving – mix and match to suit your taste. Add leftover baked beans, brown rice, roast veggies, fruit, fresh ricotta, or feta; and toss everything in a simple yogurt vinaigrette.
- 50g edamame
- 50g small green beans
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 100g mixed rocket, baby spinach or mixed leaves
- 2 tbsp dill and/or mint leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, stoned and sliced lengthwise
- 1 lemon or lime, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp almonds
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, unpeeled
- Cook the edamame and green beans in simmering salted water for three minutes or until tender. Drain and pod the edamame, discarding the pods.
- To make the dressing, whisk the yoghurt, vinegar, olive oil, a dash of water, sea salt and pepper in a large bowl, adding one tablespoon of water if it’s too thick.
- Add the mixed leaves, half the herbs and cherry tomatoes and lightly toss. Arrange on four plates, top with sliced avocado, sliced lemon, almonds and goji berries.
- Cut the eggs in half through their shells. Nestle two egg halves in each salad, drizzle with any remaining dressing, scatter with sea salt, pepper and remaining herbs, and serve.